How do you make a homemade wooden tray?
How to make a wooden tray
- Step 1: Cut base panels. I cut the base panels out of 1×8 boards.
- Step 2: Cut top strips.
- Step 3: Stain boards.
- Step 4: Make pocket holes.
- Step 5: Attach boards.
- Step 6: Build a tray base.
- Step 7: Attach sides.
- Step 8: Apply finish and add hardware.
How do you waterproof a wooden tray?
There are three surefire ways to waterproof your wood for years to come.
- Use linseed or Tung oil to create a beautiful and protective hand-rubbed finish.
- Seal the wood with coating of polyurethane, varnish, or lacquer.
- Finish and waterproof wood simultaneously with a stain-sealant combo.
What can I use for a serving tray?
Some common materials you can choose your serving trays from are:
- Bone china.
How do you finish a wooden tray?
Applying a food-safe finish to unfinished wood tables or kitchenware is a simple process.
- Sand the item with 320-grit sandpaper until smooth.
- When using an oil finish, apply a generous amount to a cloth.
- Apply wax with a cloth until the surface is covered.
- Allow newly finished pieces to dry and cure fully.